Important Senior Updates
This section will be updated throughout the year with important updates and information for the senior class. Please check back frequently.
- Graduation is on Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 8:00am at the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Seniors need to arrive at 7:00am.
- Graduation rehearsal is on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 from 1:00-3:00pm at the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Rehearsal is MANDATORY in order for seniors to walk on June 13.
- Seniors will be released early from school on this day to have enough time to get downtown. This will be an excused absence and will not count towards senior exam exemptions.
Cap and gown orders need to be placed as soon as possible. The price will go up after the first of the year and will continue to rise as it gets closer to graduation. DO NOT WAIT TO PLACE ORDERS! Hard copies of cap and gown order information can be found in Student Services.
- Students are required to order the package that includes: cap, gown, tassel, stole, and diploma cover.
- If the student has a sibling that graduated from KHSCD they can use their cap and gown but they still MUST order the tassel, stole, and diploma cover. They will need to contact Jostens to order this separately.
- This link will take you to the page where you can order only what is required.
- Cap and gown orders will be delivered to students during lunch on April 30. Make up orders will be delivered on May 21. Students must be passing their classes needed to graduate and have paid for their cap and gown order in full before receiving. Unclaimed orders can be picked up in Student Services after these dates.
Senior Fees-Due by April 5, 2019 (PAST DUE)
All seniors are required to pay the $40 senior fee before they can receive their graduation tickets and diploma. Senior fees can be paid online here. They can also be paid in person in room 520, Fridays during the first half of C lunch (12:00-12:20p).
*Senior fees help cover the costs associated with graduation, Senior Night, Baccalaureate, Spring Fling, etc.
Parent Graduation Meetings
It is MANDATORY that all seniors have a parent/guardian attend one of the graduation meetings. Seniors will not receive their graduation tickets until their parent has attend a meeting.
Scheduled Meeting Dates:
*Tuesday, February 12 at 6:30pm
*Thursday, March 14 at 6:30pm
*Wednesday, April 24 at 9:30am
*Thursday, June 6 at 9:30am (make up date for parents who have not yet attended-FINAL meeting)
College Acceptances and Scholarship Awards
Seniors should turn in all college acceptance letters and scholarship award letters to Student Services by May 9.
The scholarship bulletin is updated about once a month with scholarships for students that come through our office. Please check this document often for new opportunities.
Parent Graduation Meeting PowerPoint
This is the PowerPoint presented during the parent graduation meetings for your reference.
Senior Planning Guide
This is a copy of the Senior Planning Guide that all members of the class of 2019 receive during their senior meting with their counselor. It is to be used as a source of reference throughout the year as students are making their post-secondary plans.
Senior kNight Presentations
Above are links to the Powerpoints that were presented at Senior kNight on September 20, 2018.